VA Heart of Texas Health Care Network
Please visit our Health Care Systems for contact information:
- Amarillo VA Health Care System - Amarillo, Texas
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System - Temple, Texas
- El Paso VA Health Care System - El Paso, Texas
- South Texas Veterans Health Care System - San Antonio, Texas
- VA North Texas Health Care System - Dallas, Texas
- VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System - Harlingen, Texas
- West Texas VA Health Care System - Big Spring, Texas
VA offers a number of services that can provide you with the support that's right for you. Whether you and the Veteran you care for could use some help at home or you just need someone to listen, we're here to support you. Follow the link to learn more about the variety of services available to Family Caregivers.
The Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC) is expanding to all eras.
Expansion rolls out in two phases beginning with eligible Veterans who served on or before May 7, 1975, and phase two, beginning October 1, 2022, will include eligible Veterans who served between May 7, 1975, and September 11, 2001.
PCAFC, which prior to this expansion was only available for eligible Post-9/11 Veterans who incurred or aggravated a serious injury in the line of duty, provides resources, education, support, a financial stipend, health insurance, and beneficiary travel to caregivers of eligible Veterans.
Veterans with a 70% service-connected disability who served either on or after September 11, 2001, or on or before May 7, 1975, and are in need of Caregivers Support should contact their local Caregivers Support Coordinator, or visit https://www.caregiver.va.gov for more information.
Have questions about VA Caregiver Support Services? Contact VA's Caregiver Support Line (1-855-260-3274) or your local Caregiver Support Coordinator for assistance.